Anyways kids, today's post is how to get that dewy (not oily, I hope) look. I looovveee this look during the dryer months of the year (aka Fall & Winter), but it can be a bit much during summer. Whomever is trying to sport the dewy look during summer realllyyy has to get that shit down right, or else I'd be wondering if they were frying up some chicken and that shit got on their face. hahaha This picture doesn't quite do-the-dew justice but whatev's, you get my point! And don't mind the brows, I don't know what the freak was going on with them in this picture. I swear they were even when I did my face...you'd just better take my word for it...or else...haha!
Steps to Do-the-Dew
- Wash your face! Exfoliate if you have to but just make sure it's alllll nice and clean of debris...and even if you have some blemishes, you can still pull this off...I know, cause I have hella blemishes. Doesn't look like it though, right? Yap, it's my Savior, aka, my War Paint!!!
- Moisturizeeeee. I used Clean & Clear's Night Soft Oil-Free Moisturizer (which is now discontinued, damnit!). Rub it in real good...rub, rub, rub like you were massaging a hot naked man with some body oil. Let that sit for 5-10 minutes.
- BB CREAM!!! More specifically, Legere White Multi BB Cream. I fucking loveeee this stuff. It covers so well, I don't even need to wear foundation anymore. The thing is, it only comes in 1 shade so I have to mix my MUFE HD foundie with some of this so that it matches my summer skin somewhat. It gives this lovely dewy glow without crossing over to the grease side.
- Do a light dusting of some good setting powder. I like to use my Urban Decay Surreal Mineral Makeup or MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Powder.
- Apply a nice, light sweep of some dolly pink blush (MAC Pink Swoon)
- Apply highlighter on top of the cheekbones & down the bridge of the nose (MAC Redhead MSF)
- Go light on the eyeshadow. To really get that brightening effect on your face, line the waterline with a white or light peach liner, then apply a white-gold eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eyes.
- For lips, all I did was chapstick. A baby pink lipgloss would probably complete the look.